We have now been wearing our masks in shops and indoor areas since August and they are playing with our skin. We can feel the breakouts around our chin and neck, they are popping out on our cheeks and with winter coming in we can feel the dryness setting in. I think it is safe to say that we may be wearing our masks for some time, and this will play havoc on our skin. Investing in a great skincare routine will help.
Now more than ever we can look after our skin with the top 5 products for ‘maskne’ but first a few tips –
- Use a good quality mask made from natural materials like cotton or silk. Avoiding the disposable masks is a good idea as they can irritate skin and are less breathable and they are also destroying the planet, especially our sea life.
- Cleansing thoroughly twice a day can help to remove the build up of dirt and grime under our masks and even better, do a double cleanse in the evening to really get all our make up and dirt washed away.
- If you are having a breakout wash your pillow cases, make up brushes, flannels and sponges in a hot wash to cleanse them thoroughly. (Do this with your masks too)
- Drink lots of water (in the colder months this can be herbal teas, Bright Start is my favourite just now)
We use the highest possible percentage of organic ingredients as they are kinder to the earth – and kinder to you. Using ethically sourced herbs, botanicals and essential oils, our experts handcraft potent blends of love, science and nature.
Top 5 products for ‘Maskne’
This gentle and mild cleansing cream washes away make-up and everyday impurities to leave your face feeling fresh and clean. Ideal for dry and sensitive skin types, the blend of organic calendula and jojoba is enriched with natural skin-conditioning botanical oils to soften and soothe. Double Cleanse in the evening – Use a pea sized amount on your fingertips and do gentle circles round the face to loosen make up and dirt and gently rinse. Then do the same again and add a little exfoliation in by using a flannel to rinse and deeply cleanse the skin ready for toning and moisturising.
- For dry and sensitive skin types
- Gently cleanses with skin conditioning botanical oils
Our best selling Rehydrating Rose Toner balances, cools and hydrates normal and sensitive skin types. With naturally refreshing damask roses and a delicate floral scent, this award winning customer favourite tones your face and primes your skin to better absorb serum and moisturiser. This is one of my favourite products and I am never without one.
- For normal and sensitive skin types
- Cools, refreshes and hydrates
- Primes skin before moisturising
This award winning, skin-quenching facial oil replenishes dry skin types. With nourishing neroli oil, distilled from the blossom of the bitter orange tree, and a blend of omega and antioxidant-rich botanical oils, it also helps to protect against premature ageing, making it beneficial for younger skin.
Facial oils replenish your skin’s natural moisture levels while helping to protect it from future moisture loss. They’re useful in cold, dry weather when chilly winds and central heating may take a toll on your skin, or during the summer months when your skin may be feeling particularly sun-parched.
- For dry skin types
- Replenishing and nourishing
- Balances skin’s natural moisture levels
- Contains antioxidant rich essential fatty acids
- Dermatologically Tested
This beautifully light facial mist leaves skin feeling instantly hydrated and soothed. With antioxidant-rich white tea to help counteract the effects of pollutants and cooling organic aloe vera, it’s perfect for a refreshing spritz when you’re on the go. Top Tip – Keep this facial mist in the fridge and it is so refreshing when you use it. It is also great for setting your Make up too.
- Hydrates and soothes
- Dermatologically tested
- Can be used over make-up
- For all skin types
Tea tree essential oil is one of our top ten bestselling natural aromatherapy oils. Organic tea tree essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves and gives a stimulating and invigorating aromatherapy oil. This can be used as a spot treatment with a carrier oil. Top Tip – Drop 2 or 3 drops of the Tea Tree oil into the inside of your mask (at the bottom of your mask and not near your nose) This will be an on the go treatment keeping skin cleansed and fresh, whilst also doing the same for your mask.
(Fair for Life – We’re proud to be the UK’s first health and beauty company to achieve Fair for Life certification. Fair for Life are one of the world’s leading independent social and fair trade accreditations. Our fairly traded Organic Tea Tree Essential Oil is certified Fair for Life.)
- Key benefit: Cleansing
- Latin name: Melaleuca alternifolia
- Country of origin: Kenya
- Blends beautifully with: eucalyptus, lavender and lemon
I love all these products and this is what I have been using for the last couple of weeks, my favourite, to be honest I love them all but the Reviving white tea facial mist has really reduced the irritation I can get in my skin when I have a breakout and straight out of the fridge it is so refreshing. What products will you try?
Rachel at Rose Wellbeing Therapies is your Neal’s Yard Remedies Independent Consultant and if you have any questions or queries you can email firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.